Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Hersheys Blondies
Today I felt really weird but really motivated at the same time! It was like a craving... a must-do for me! I was watching Debbie Travis Face-lift when I started to have this craving for chocolates. So I went to the fridge browsing through the junk and decided to take one piece of eclaire with hazelnut candy when I saw Hershey's Real Semi-Sweet Mini Choc Chips. It's for baking but I don't mind. Tastes better than milk chocolate anyway. So I was nibbling a few bits when I turned to the back and saw some recipes and one of them caught my eye. It was Mini-Choc Blondies recipe and looked through the ingredients and thought to myself, maybe I should make these.

Anyway, I was dieing to make something this morning after re-reading The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella yesterday. I wanted to bake either a Pavlova or a layered sponge meringue cake, both Nigella Lawson recipes but I had to drop by the supermarket to get the ingredients. Thank god the Blondies recipe was really simple - just plain flour, milk, butter, eggs, brown sugar and lots of choc. chips!!

Made the batter and everything and in the middle, I remembered my cousin, Jahiza actually superlatived me in Facebook, nominating me to be the next Martha Stewart and I just blanched at the thought. Yup.. I like to cook and bake but I'm not a domestic goddess like both Nigella and Martha... I don't really like doing housework. Oops, slipped that out.. sorry hehe.

I thought it took 2 hours for me to finish but only a mere half an hour or so! Didn't know it's be that simple and the results turned out to be really, really good! It goes really good with black coffee but too bad I can't drink coffee. Has a different side effect for me actually... I'd sleep rather than being awake! My mom and dad were really impressed with my success and I thought I'd bring it over to my grandma's house tomorrow and let my cousins try... see what they think.

Okay... signing off soon... trying to watch Samantha Who?.. Ciao!
posted by nash at 9:09 PM -

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine



My Music
About Me
Name:Nasyita
D.O.B:19 October 1989
Country:Singapore
Loves:Reading. Cooking. Music


I Support Stephenie!


Twilight Singapore
A blog site for Twilighters in Singapore! Visit us!!
Photobucket

Comments



Archives
Friends
Alice
Andrea
Anisa
Anna
Aruna
Bettina
Charlene
Cloudy
Desmond
Elyn
Eunice
Hong Ghee
Ilma
Jahizah
Juliana
Mariana
Nadiah
Nigel
Ridzwan
Rizar
Robin
Samantha
Siti
Terence
Valerie
Weide
Winnie
Yan Ting
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie