Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Lovely Holiday part I

I’m back from my wonderful and FUN holiday!! Came back this morning at 2 and arrived home around 2.30… really a tiring journey! But well… I broke a record for myself!! Tee hee… After landing in Jakarta, my big family and I went straight to Lembang, Bandung to celebrate Hari Raya Haji which was the next day. We set out to my uncle’s villa high up on the mountain at around 6pm but lo and behold! We were caught in a massive traffic jam all the way for 6 HOURS!! Usually, it’ll take us around 2 and a half hours to reach Lembang but because of the long holiday, people were leaving Jakarta to go home to their families! And boy was it massive!! All the way through the highways! We finally reached at 4 am in the morning!! That was a record for me cos I wasn’t sleepy AT ALL!! Well… I did sleep in the car but I wasn’t sleepy!


The massive traffic jam that lasted for 6 bloody hours!!

Our dinner in KFC during the wee hours of the morning!

Mariana, Me and little Safiah in my Uncle's villa in Lembang!

Sadly we had to sleep… forced by our mothers cos we’ll need to get up early the next day for the slaughtering. You see during Hari Raya Haji we do our “kurban” to symbolize the meaning of it when Prophet Abraham wanted to slaughter his own son Prophet Ishmael and before he could slit his son’s throat, God replaced Prophet Ishmael with a sheep and that’s how it all began. It’s my second time watching it in Indonesia cos firstly you won’t be able to watch it here in S’pore except for selected mosques and secondly, instead of buying a sheep, you can get a cow for seven million rupiah which is equivalent to S$200. We don’t do kurban to have the meat to ourselves but to distribute the meat to the poor and needy. So after the kurban, we distributed the meat to the villages in the valley. It was a very meaningful day for all of us especially for me as my cousins and I bought a cow together to help the villagers.


Alright.... that's all I can write for today. Tune in for the next one! LOL
posted by nash at 10:11 PM -

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine



My Music
About Me
Name:Nasyita
D.O.B:19 October 1989
Country:Singapore
Loves:Reading. Cooking. Music


I Support Stephenie!


Twilight Singapore
A blog site for Twilighters in Singapore! Visit us!!
Photobucket

Comments



Archives
Friends
Alice
Andrea
Anisa
Anna
Aruna
Bettina
Charlene
Cloudy
Desmond
Elyn
Eunice
Hong Ghee
Ilma
Jahizah
Juliana
Mariana
Nadiah
Nigel
Ridzwan
Rizar
Robin
Samantha
Siti
Terence
Valerie
Weide
Winnie
Yan Ting
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie