Friday, September 28, 2007
GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT
These past few days during the fasting month, I have made a few meals for my family for break fast. And most of the recipes I got it from The Martha Stewart show or her website itself and specifically today, I made pink lemonade just by using fresh lemons and cranberry juice. Her recipes are really easy and good enough to eat! I remembered making hamburgers and the burger patty itself was manually made. However, it was quite thick, so all of us didn't get to finish it at all! Then later on, I made more hamburgers when we went to my grandmother's house and well let's say they were worth it! I made 15 burger patties and there were no leftovers! Well, I guess thanks to my brother and cousin since they took two burgers each!

Apart from Martha Stewart whom I get recipes from (including my cupcakes), I've copied and am trying to get other recipes from Bob Plumer (Surreal Gourmet) and Nigella Lawson. Some are easy to make but others, well, I don't really like it when they use alcohol in their recipes. It's like when you see them cooking it looks so delicious, and then out of the blue they'll use white wine, pink champagne etc. It's quite disappointing really.

However, the worst part was I couldn't find recipes from Nigella Lawson on the web. Well... only a few of it but not all of it. Guess, I'll have to hunt for the book. She cooks really well and you just feel like trying it. I want to try her toffee topping, mixed fruit salad that has mangoes, raspberries etc and many, many more. She is one of my favourite chefs other than Bob Plumer, Jamie Oliver and Martha Stewart!

I really, really would like to try all the recipes but I can't really satisfy one two of the hungry stomachs in my family. Well... my dad he's more the Asian and Javanese type so he prefers something with rice instead of pasta. I hope he'll change his mind though... after he tries my cooking... LOL.

----------------
Now playing: Avril Lavigne - Tomorrow
via FoxyTunes
posted by nash at 8:46 PM -

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine



My Music
About Me
Name:Nasyita
D.O.B:19 October 1989
Country:Singapore
Loves:Reading. Cooking. Music


I Support Stephenie!


Twilight Singapore
A blog site for Twilighters in Singapore! Visit us!!
Photobucket

Comments



Archives
Friends
Alice
Andrea
Anisa
Anna
Aruna
Bettina
Charlene
Cloudy
Desmond
Elyn
Eunice
Hong Ghee
Ilma
Jahizah
Juliana
Mariana
Nadiah
Nigel
Ridzwan
Rizar
Robin
Samantha
Siti
Terence
Valerie
Weide
Winnie
Yan Ting
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie