Saturday, January 6, 2007
Okay.. so I haven't been updating my blog for quite some time since I came back from Jakarta. I've been really busy with my attachments that started on the 3rd. But anyway, here I am. These past three days I'm dead tired with my attachments. My legs are aching and the solution? Elevate my legs while I sleep.. it really helps or the consequences will be venous veins which are not a pretty sight.

Anyway.. the Jakarta trip was great. I didn't go there just to have a break but too commemorate Hari Raya Haji - Indonesian style. My uncle lives in Jakarta with my aunt and cousin, Mariana. We spend few of our days in Jakarta then proceed on to Bandung later on. My uncle has a villa in Lembang which is part of Bandung. Since it was on a mountain, it was really chilly especially at night.

On Hari Raya Haji itself, we slaughtered 5 goats and 1 cow that were specially bought for that day. That was the first time I witnessed a "korban" happening. You can't really get to see it here in Singapore but being there watching it, just made Hari Raya Haji special. It just made it more meaningful to me as to why we commemorate that day. After slaughtering the goats and cow, we distribute it to the villagers below and kept some meat for ourselves too.

That day was really memorable and my says, if God wills, we could go there again for the next Hari Raya Haji and this time she would like to get a cow as they provide more meat than goats. Since a cow cost 7 million rupiah, I would have to save 1 million rupiah which is equivalent to S$200 and if my cousins are up to it and save S$200 each, we probably could get one!

Okay.. I guess I'll have to go. I'm feeling drowsy after taking my flu tablet that the doc. gave me.. later!
posted by nash at 4:48 PM -

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine



My Music
About Me
Name:Nasyita
D.O.B:19 October 1989
Country:Singapore
Loves:Reading. Cooking. Music


I Support Stephenie!


Twilight Singapore
A blog site for Twilighters in Singapore! Visit us!!
Photobucket

Comments



Archives
Friends
Alice
Andrea
Anisa
Anna
Aruna
Bettina
Charlene
Cloudy
Desmond
Elyn
Eunice
Hong Ghee
Ilma
Jahizah
Juliana
Mariana
Nadiah
Nigel
Ridzwan
Rizar
Robin
Samantha
Siti
Terence
Valerie
Weide
Winnie
Yan Ting
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie