Saturday, October 21, 2006
I have been 17 for the past 2 days and yet I don't feel like one. I feel as though I'm in my sixteens... no.. I don't feel as though I'm growing any older! LOL. I was surprised by the response that I got. I told them that I am 17 and people were shocked!

This is the first response I received.

Person X : "17!!"
Me: "Yes."
Person X: (pauses for a while, looking at me bewildered)
Me: "What's wrong?"
Person X: "I thought you're turning 14 or 15!"

I was very shocked when I heard that... do I look that young and people may mistake as a Sec.2/3 student? WOW! Being young for your age is a major compliment but imagine if you want to watch a NC-16 movie and you forgot to remember your I/C... you know the rest. It'll be utterly embarassing convincing the people that you're older!!

Alright, the second response that I got was :-

Person Y: "How old are you today?"
Me: :"I'm 17"
Person Y: "Wow,really! I thought you'll be older!"
Me:"Older? Why is that?"
Person Y: "You act mature for your age!"
Me: "Oh... okay"

Now... as you can see, I'm doubly surprised and astonished to hear from someone that I act mature for my age... that was a big shocker! Others will be flattered by the compliment but not me... in a way. I feel as though I'm not matured for my age... don't ask me why for the reasons... I just do!

Okay... being 17 is cool cos you're getting a year older and you'll only have 4 more years till your freedo, adulthood!! But I feel that this is the age where you will start being a responsible young adult and know your priorities! Now, I feel that I'm thinking like an adult because there was once where I wanted to buy something but I debated with myself. Forseeing the future, will this item be any useful to me or will I just dump it somewhere in my room and never use it again? It was kind of difficult for me to forego the item seeing that I didn't have any cash with me... hehe... that's the reason why! LOL

I'm 17 and every year I'm a year older with newer and greater responsibilities to be taken care of. But every single day you wish that you're still a kiddy, playing all the time. Come to think of it, isn't it ironic that when we were young, we desperately wanted to be an adult but when we're all grown up, we want to be a small kiddy all over again? Hahaha... well we're still be our small kiddy self at heart!!
posted by nash at 8:17 PM -

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine



My Music
About Me
Name:Nasyita
D.O.B:19 October 1989
Country:Singapore
Loves:Reading. Cooking. Music


I Support Stephenie!


Twilight Singapore
A blog site for Twilighters in Singapore! Visit us!!
Photobucket

Comments



Archives
Friends
Alice
Andrea
Anisa
Anna
Aruna
Bettina
Charlene
Cloudy
Desmond
Elyn
Eunice
Hong Ghee
Ilma
Jahizah
Juliana
Mariana
Nadiah
Nigel
Ridzwan
Rizar
Robin
Samantha
Siti
Terence
Valerie
Weide
Winnie
Yan Ting
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie